Home Depot Complaint
Home Depot complaint for property damage
I talked to the installer immediately when I saw it, and he told me to call The Home Depot claim center. I don't know who they are but it's another third party. My claim is only to cover one box of laminate floor and the stair nose piece for $60.08 plus a minimal cost for installation totaling to $200. Unfortunately, the damaged floor was around the stair and cutting the materials to fit around the staircase was the hardest part when I installed the floor. It will take 3-4 hours for any professional to do this work. The material has to be cut outside home so it takes extra time to go up and down stairs for every single cut.
The Home Depot insisted that the photos I send them is not acceptable and the adjuster has to estimate the damage. I told them that my property is not my primary residence and I cannot travel to just show the adjuster the damage I already showed on the picture...very good overall view and the close views of each damage. There is nothing else to see. I also send a copy of the receipt of my flooring from The Home Depot. My traveling cost to meet the adjuster would be more than my claim so if they don't reimburse my out-of-pocket cost, I spend more! The Home Depot said they won't reimburse my cost, so, conveniently they are getting away from this by requiring a physical inspection at my cost.
I requested to provide me the reason why they won't process such a small claim, with the documents I have submitted, all in writing. They won't do that either. They should have a minimum claim amount that they will handle without an inspection.
They created a way to push all their liability to the third party contractors: claim center and the delivery company. I do not have any information about the subcontractor so I can't contact the delivery company by myself.
Do not order appliance from The Home Depot online!
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
More Home Depot reviews
- I AM GOING TO USE THIS TIME TO...
- "Satisfaction guaranteed" is...
- On Thursday Sept 27 I visited...
- I shop at the Ammon, Idaho Wal...
- On 10/10/07 I purchased a GE...
- The Wal=Mart Company here in...
- We purchased Goodyear tires from...
- I am tired of being treated like...
- I'm very disappointed in the new...
- THD At Home Services Home Depot...
- I once lived a mile from Home...
- I am remodeling my kitchen and...
- I stopped by Wal-Mart to get...
- BRIGGS & LAY PRO, INCORPORATED...
- I have spent Voo-Coos of money...
- Kitchen Counter
- Home Depot Won't Honor Warranty
- Home Despot
- Damage to property by Home Depot's contracted delivery team
- PODS Illegal POD Placement, Damages
- Order Damaged in Transit
- Home Depot Delivery Drivers Pay Out of Pocket for Damages
- Damage to Property by Dish tech
- home depot feedback
- Home Depot customer service
- Defective toilet caused damage and Home Depot refuses to stand behind product
- Customer Service
- Home depot garden center
- HOME DEPOT EXTENDED PROTECTION PLAN FRAUD
- Maytag Dishwasher
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you